Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Introduction to Me

After verbally sharing my travel stories and sharing dozens of Facebook posts, I have been told dozens of times that I should write my own blog. Well, here we go. Here is my first post. Wish me luck.

I have always been someone who tries to maximize my value. But in my younger years, this often led to being penny-wise and pound-foolish. With time I have learned better how to be a bit wiser in the pound department. This includes travel, the main topic of this blog. Or at least my travels with my family. I realize that the world of travel bloggers is saturated. But I hope to add more stories and knowledge from a family perspective. I read and learn every day from all the existing bloggers who give very generously of their time and knowledge. I hope to add my own experiences in the points and miles hobby and by sharing maybe I can convince a few more of my friends to join this incredible hobby and see the world at prices we can all afford.

As this is just an introduction to me, I will save my first miles and points post for a later date. But here's a little more about me. I am a husband and a father to three children. I was born in South Korea, and moved to the USA when I was six years old. Between the years of six and 38, I flew internationally one time. In the past five years, I have been to Europe four times with my family. I had always dreamed of traveling, but was not able to do so economically. Thanks to this great hobby of miles and points, not only am I able to travel internationally but I do so in comfort.

That's a quick introduction for now. I have many more stories and tips to share, if you'll give me the time. Thanks.

O, and here's a picture of me and my younger son enjoying a moment in Aix-en-Provence, France. I hope to instill in him the love of travel and the sharing of lifelong memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment