Monday, February 2, 2015

First Credit Cards of 2015



I just applied for two new credit cards, my first of 2015. The two cards are both business cards, and they are both airline co-branded products. Applying for a business card is very easy. You need a business name and the type of business you own. You can use your own SSN for the credit card application, and you can even list $0 revenue, as banks realize and understand that many start-ups do not yet have revenue.

The first card I applied for is the United Explorer Business card from Chase. I learned about this card thanks to Gary Leff’s blog View from the Wing. This card will earn me 50KUnited Miles after spending $2K within the first three months of opening the account. You can do a lot with 50K United miles, including round trip to Hawaii for 40K, or one-way to anywhere in the world in coach where United or its Star Alliance partners fly, ranging from 17.5 K to 40K miles. 


 
The second card I applied for is the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard. I learned about this card thanks to Ben Schlappig’s blog One Mile at a Time. This card will also earn me 50K miles, for my AAdvantage account. How about an off-peak round trip fare to Asia Zone 1, which includes Japan, Korea and Mongolia? That’s 50K AAdvantage miles please. Have you ever wanted to try Cathay Pacific’s business class product? You can do that from JFK –Vancouver, round trip for 50K miles. That’s the same flight that I will be taking this summer to Vancouver on my way to our summer Alaskan cruise. 


 
I have certainly slowed down my credit card applications the past few months, but feel as though these two products are solid offers that I would be happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment